By definition, video production is the process of capturing moving images on electronic media. It is a process of creating content, editing and providing a final video output.
With the sunset of cheap DSLR cameras being sold with video capability, any average Tom, Dick or Harry can now produce videos on their own. But the catch here is, how do you create a good video?
Well, it can be a very complicated process. Apart from the content itself, there are other factors that affect the video production system.
In addition, there are three vital stages you will undergo: Pre-production, production and post-production. Each step has specific requirements. Pre-production entails preparations. Production on the other hand involves capturing scenes. And the final stage, post-production, is focused primarily on editing the contents made during production.
So, to make it easier for you, here's a roundup made by the professionals who are involved in the industry of video production. Remember, these are not just simple tips and tricks but an outline you must follow diligently.
- Develop a concept and an outline before you even begin shooting. This is considered to be part of the pre-production stage, all the elements needed for the film have to be prepared during this time period, including the script, budget, cast, locations, special effects etc.
- Shoot in High Definition. Most viewers are used to seeing HD programs so if use a lower resolution, they will think of it as amateurish.
- Imperfections are exaggerated on camera so try to hide them with make-up. A professional hair and make-up crew can cost a lot though. So try to drop b the nearest cosmetic store and ask their representatives for advice.
- A good producer can generate video that appeals to all audiences. If you have the money, hire one.
- Are you providing the audience with useful content? Trust me, content is more important than the special effects or set locations.
- Nothing beats a quality video with great audio. Sometimes we get too complacent when shooting since there is state-of-the-art software that can be used during post production. But really, editing will not count if you shot lousy videos to begin with.
Follow these 6 steps and I'm sure you'll be on your way to creating great video content. For any inquiries or concerns regarding any aspect of video production, do not hesitate to contact a video production company near you for further assistance. It's natural to seek professional help to ensure quality.