The 0x8007274c error exhibits in Windows 10 when your system can not sync to the IMAP account you specified.
The error typically exhibits with the Windows 10 Mail app, though it will also be brought on by Outlook. There is a corresponding error code of 0x80072726 which might additionally present on some techniques.
The error is brought on by the connection to the IMAP server being blocked, most usually by your third occasion firewall. SVCHOST.exe can also be generally blocked, stopping the sync from going down.
The messages usually present as:
“We’re having a problem downloading messages. Try again later. Error code 0x8007274c and 0x80072726”
In order to unravel the difficulty, you might want to take away any of the potential blocks to the IMAP electronic mail connection.
The method to do that is to first guarantee your mail app is ready up appropriately, then that your connection shouldn’t be being blocked by your antivirus / firewall software.
If you are in a position to obtain this appropriately, you must then be capable of obtain emails by your chosen electronic mail shopper (be it Windows Mail or Outlook). The course of needs to be comparatively easy:
1. Temporarily Disable Any Third-Party Firewall
If you will have a third-party firewall (AVG / Avast / Kaspersky / Symantec), you will be greatest to briefly pause it. This method, you’ll see if it is blocking the connectivity of your mail app to the IMAP server. You can do that by utilizing the next steps:
- Right-click on the antivirus / firewall icon within the bottom-right-hand Windows taskbar.
- From the menu which seems, look for “pause” or “temporarily disable”
- Select for 10 minutes or regardless of the corresponding possibility is
Whilst this can go away your PC briefly uncovered, we will simply restart after testing out the mail app as soon as extra.
Now you might want to go onto your mail app and see whether or not it is going to obtain the e-mail this time, or not. If not, it means you might want to particularly enable the svchost.exe file within the core components of Windows.
2. Allow SVCHost.exe Through The Windows Firewall
SVCHost.exe is utilized by Windows to assist providers function in your system. Whilst this software typically works high quality, it is going to generally be blocked as a result of it is making an attempt to entry recordsdata / providers that it mustn’t.
If you might be nonetheless experiencing the 0x8007274c (or 0x80072726) error, you must attempt making an “exception” for this software in Windows Firewall:
- In the search bar on the backside left of the display screen, kind “Windows Firewall”
- Click on the app which seems first within the checklist
- From the menu which masses, choose “Allow an App or Feature through Windows Firewall”
Add a brand new app, with the listing URLs:
- After it has been added, rename it to “Host Process for Windows Service” after which click on “OK”
You ought to then take a look at the Mail app once more after this. If it really works then you definitely’ve solved the difficulty (for now).
If not, you will need to carry out the identical course of with Windows Defender…
three. Allow SVCHost.exe Through Windows Defender
Windows Defender is the default antivirus app that comes with Windows 10. If the above steps didn’t work, you will have so as to add svchost.exe to its excluded apps:
- From the lower-right hand nook of the taskbar, choose the small blue defend and right-click
- Select “Open” from the menu that seems
- Click “Settings”
- Scroll all the way down to “Exclusions”
- Add exclusion
- Select “”Exclude a exe, com or str course of” and exclude the next: C:WindowsSystem32svchost.exe & C:WindowsSYSWOW64svchost.exe
- Restart your PC